Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Thinking about JD's Birthday Party...

Saturday is JD's B-Day! I think I'm more excited than he is actually. I can't believe my little sweetie is already almost two. It's bittersweet really. I'm excited that he's growing up and changing and learning new things, but I'm sad that it's happening so fast. Here's my little stinker, just fresh from the oven :)
5lbs, 6 ounces of pure sugar. I loved him in the baby stage. And I love him more and more everyday in the toddler stage. Here's a recent pic of JD and Josey.
Little rascal.

His party is Saturday and I wanted to share a couple of ideas that I have for the celebration.

His cake is being made by my friend and professional Cake Designer Laura Respondek. Here's a pic of what the cake will kinda be like.

Just the "2", of course!

The best part about the party will probably be the balloons. JD loves balloons so I plan to get several balloon bouquets, and also just blow up a bunch and throw them around the house. Here's a cute idea that I might try:

Just arrange the balloons in the shape of a "2" and attach them to the wall with double sided tape. Both the idea for the cake and the balloon display came from http://www.marthastewart.com/.

It's just going to be a small event with family and close friends only. Probably won't even be many other children there. We just wanted it to be intimate and special.

Since the party is at 3pm, we'll just have appetizers. I'm going to make spinach and artichoke dip, and Daniel is going to deep fry chicken wings and dip them in homemade hot sauce. I'll probably have a veggie and fruit tray, and maybe some meatballs or little weenies.

If you have any party ideas you'd like to share, I'd love to hear 'em!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Les! If you need any help I would be more than happy to give you a helping hand. I know how stressful it is to plan for a party. Even if its coming over to help clean I don't mind. Call me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your excitement. My daughter is 6-years-old now and I still get excited for her birthday party every year. Her last birthday was a few months ago, and we had a great time celebrating with family and friends. It was a very enjoyable party at one of the famous event halls for rent in the city.

    ReplyDelete